8 Haziran 2011 Çarşamba

Making changes!

I resigned! Yes, I did! Cannot really tell If it was a big relief or not which feel so tough. I have many questions in my mind..The reason I resigned was simply to do my master degree and work in the field that I want so much which is Branding and Marketing. Well, God only knows what will happen next but I hope the best..I'll just wait and see now..Has been so long that I didn't write to this blog but from now on, guess I will have more free time to do it. Meanwhile, I was busy with being a cabin crew in Emirates Airlines. I know, some people think that it is crazy to leave such a job..Travelling the world for free and even getting paid for it..But it is not as it seems..It really is not. It is a fun job tough. I had amazing friends from all over the world who has great personalities and fun to hang out with. They changed my perspective in many aspects and I hope I did the same for them, too.. It is amazing to see how many countries, cultures, languages, traditions and religions we have in this world. It seems so small to me but also huge. How come? Well, being in a plane for 14 hours and having worked with at least 17 different nationalities sometimes makes me smile and feel that the world is so small that we all met here and working under the same conditions and doing the same job but still get on very well. Isn't that amazing? Sometimes we cannot even get on well with our parents and now I am working with those people and laugh at the same jokes and share the same experience sometimes even think the same way..On the other hand the more I travel, the more I know there is a lot to see.. Let's say first time I visited Hong Kong, my friends advised me to visit Big Buddha and I did so..I was thinking I saw one of the biggest attractions on that city and after visiting there couple of more times I will be done with that city..Till I got my 6 days layover there! Oh, yes! 6 days..Which is unusual of course. due to a problem happened with one of the aircrafts they extended our stay in HK. Which was great of course. I visited Victoria's Peak, Macau, Lamma Island, the city centre and I had a walk along the city one of my previous layovers. So that was the time I recognized even more about that city needs more than a week. Only Macau is taking more than a day to fully discover. If you really really wanna see everything. It is just an Island tough but a big one. The biggest one in HK. So I feel like I've seen the most imporant parts of course but there is still a lot to see.. There are hundreds of countries and thousands of cities in the world that we don't even know their names and locations. I really wonder If a person starts travelling let's say at the age of 14 and visits every single city in this world by really visiting and experiencing the life there, in how many years can he/she make it? Is it really possible? I was at the gym in the hotel we stay in HK and there was this brand new treadmill with an option to watch TV etc. So I was watching National Geographic and there was Tony Wheeler who writes the The Lonely Planet book series and now he is making the documentaries under the same name. He was visiting Laos and there was a lot to see. Every village has its own culture and traditions sometimes even traditional clothes like indigos. Even in this little country, I was amazed to watch all the interesting activities you can do..Long story short, being cabin crew for a year showed me how small the world is visiting 4 continents in a month but on the other hand, how there is still a lot and lot more to see.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder